Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sobriety Blogs

I've been reading a lot of these lately, some in bits and pieces, some start to finish like a book, beginning with the earliest posts and moving forward. Some bloggers like Mrs D make this easy by posting her early posts all together on one page by month.  It's to blog reading what Netflix binge-watching is to watching the episodes as they come out.

Other blogs I have to do it the old fashioned way. I'm doing that with And Everything Afterward,

I finished UnPickled long ago, and now have to wait for new episodes the way I had to do with Dallas when I was a teenager. (I thought I might die waiting to find out who shot J.R.)

On some blogs I don't have to read the old posts at all, because the authors have written books and saved me the trouble, like Mr. SponsorPants. I bought his Kindle book in part out of laziness (not having to go back and read the early posts) and in part because writers need to support each other's efforts financially. Not that I have a book for anyone to buy at the moment, but I'm banking karma just in case I actually do get my act together enough to have one published. Rather than working on my own writing, I have been reading his stories of conversations like this one between him and his sponsors and sponsees in AA. I've done a lot of thinking about my overactive ego as a result of these.

I wrote all of the above yesterday as a draft. This morning I went to a meeting. And got brave enough to ask someone to be my sponsor.

Oh. My. God.

This shit is real now.


No comments:

Post a Comment